- Work alongside & learn from best in class talent
- Great work environment
- Flexible working options
We are hiring for one of the largest e-commerce company. It is recognized worldwide for its leadership and innovation, and provides a variety of consumer and business-focused services including e-commerce, e-reading, travel, banking, securities, credit card, e-money, portal and media, online marketing and professional sports.
As we are preparing our backend for a massive business growth, we are in search of an experienced Senior Engineer, Backend to join our team who shares a passion for tackling complexity and build platforms that can scale. This role reports to the Engineering Manager. This team is responsible for building large distributed components that run global streaming platform.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Ownership of multiple services or areas of work within a platform subsystem
- Owns the end-to-end delivery of tasks/features from design, development, testing to release
- Delivers high quality code that is extensible, reliable, and performant
- Assesses technical complexity and risk, and communicates it effectively
- Responsible for handling and fixing issues as the primary owner of multiple services
- Review code changes requests to identify potential improvements and to prevent errors, and approve code reviews
- Contributes to software development guidelines and best practices as part of their work
- Communicate, document and provide guidance to junior engineers around the features delivered
- You possess a Degree/Diploma in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- You have at least 5 years experience, ideally within a Software Engineer role.
- You are highly goal driven and work well in fast paced environments
- You are a strong team player who can manage multiple stakeholders
- You pay strong attention to detail and deliver work that is of a high standard
- Attention To Detail
- Code Review
- Data Streaming
- Information Technology