Reporting to the Regional Senior Procurement Manager, the successful incumbent will support the drive to spearhead the strategic initiative on Product Category Procurement and consolidate of procurement operations to achieve cost synergies. It involves overseeing all negotiations, metrics reporting and ensuring all vendor agreements are in compliance with the corporate terms & polices. It is an exciting opportunity for any incumbent with the drive and creativity, willing to contribute to elevating the Procurement function to the next level. Job Responsibilities
- To perform deep analysis of Procurement spend to increase spend visibility and transparency and to gather internal demand requests, material requirements and all relevant information within the category
- To develop/implement category strategies both inward and outward focus including improving regional procurement processes and regional supplier/contract management
- To develop and execute, in conjunction with Technical and Procurement Leaders of Group Companies, Technical and Business Leaders of the regional organization and Regional Procurement Head, the procurement strategy for materials within the category, based on sourcing plans
- To develop strong understanding of supply market and key cost drivers in the short/long terms, present category raw material reports on regular basis, communicate relevant information with the Group Companies and the AP regional staff
- To identify cost saving opportunities and to develop new sources of materials including low-cost country suppliers
- To work with procurement counterparts in other regions within the DIC group to develop synergy opportunities
- To foster collaboration with key suppliers and establish a connected supplier network to tap into suppliers' innovation and expertise
- To support the regional procurement head to drive progress and completion of objectives along several workstreams for regional Procurement Digital Transformation projects
- Degree in Material Science/Chemical or related fields.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant working experience in Procurement within the Chemicals industry.
- Prior experience in local category market place and procurement best practices will be advantageous.
- Highly organized in managing multiple tasks and able to prioritize important and/ or urgent matters
- Possess excellent written and verbal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels
- Contract Management
- Material Requirements Planning