We have an exciting new opportunity for a Flight Operations Remote Pilot to support our drone delivery as well as our survey and surveillance operations in Singapore. The successful candidate will also support our proof-of-concept projects within the region as we scale up operations across the Asia Pacific. You will be based in Singapore, but the role will also involve international travel.
Skyports brings a drone-agnostic solution to our customers which means we are able to use cutting-edge drone technologies to solve real-world problems. The use cases for drones to help solve these problems continues to expand and so we are looking for someone to help execute these opportunities.
- Be trained to fly our varied fleet of drone systems (manual and automated piloting) for various applications (incl. drone delivery, survey and surveillance).
- Obtain the necessary licenses to legally operate as a commercial drone pilot in the countries we operate in - outside of Singapore our expert team will be on hand to ensure we meet the legal requirements to operate.
- Be trained to set up and run complex BVLOS operations.
- Participate as a pilot or observer to operate commercial drones in automatic long-range BVLOS delivery projects and testing programmes
- Be responsible for the ground handling, pre-flight, post-flight, and routine maintenance of the drone systems and set up of the ground-based infrastructure at the take-off and landing sites
- Be deployed on projects domestically and internationally – you will be required to travel and should be comfortable with travelling at short-term notice to various geographies for extended periods - typically 4-8 weeks.
- Be an all-around team player. We are a small team but still growing, everyone contributes to everything at some point.
- Report to our APAC Flight Operations Manager to ensure your growth and progression within the company are moving in the right direction.
- Be required to travel internationally and should be comfortable with travelling at short-term notice to various geographies for extended periods of time.
- Support an operational shift rotation that provides an operational output 7 days a week. Every RP works 5 days with at least 2 days off per week.
- You will be a responsible person with high standards for safety.
- Have excellent communication skills. We have a just culture at Skyports which depends heavily on our Remote Pilots being open and honest.
- Hold a valid Unmanned Aircraft Pilots license (UAPL).
- Strong interest in the application of cargo deliveries in a variety of challenging environments.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to think on your feet and get the job done.
- Highly motivated, proactive self-starter who likes a challenge.
- Comfortable navigating through ambiguity as this is a new industry and no one has all the answers.
- Hold a valid Class 3 Driving License.
- Have the flexibility to travel for extended periods (4-8 weeks at a time).
Nice to have (not essential)
- Experience in aviation (RPAS or other aviation) in a flight operation, engineering or training role. This may be through a commercial (airline or drone company) or military background.
- A competitive salary and equity options
- Fly a wide variety of remotely piloted aircraft
- Career progression opportunities
- Fantastic learning environment.
- Personal training and development budget
- A unique, exciting, fast-paced working environment where we can truly make a change to the future on drone technologies in our everyday lives.
- Freight Forwarding
- Infrastructure Management