The National Institute of Education invites suitable applications for the position of Research Assistant on an 12-month contract (renewable, subject to conditions) at the [ Link removed ] , Centre for Research in Child Development (CRCD).
Project Title: A Follow-up of the Singapore Kindergarten Impact Project (SKIP) Cohort in Middle Childhood: Social-Emotional, Physical, Academic Outcomes and Predictors [OER 01/21 KKH]
This study follows up on the Singapore Kindergarten Impact Project (SKIP) cohort as they approach the end of middle childhood. The study aims to identify early and concurrent predictors of child outcomes in middle childhood in Singapore, and to examine potential moderators within the child or the child’s environment—such as child environmental sensitivity, intervening activities/experiences, and classroom climate—that may influence outcomes. Findings from this study will provide unique and valuable insights to the factors and conditions that are important in influencing child development and outcomes, in the context of Singapore homes and schools.
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology or in a relevant discipline (e.g. Education, Special Education, or Social Sciences)
- Expertise in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access)
- Experience in Visual Basic Application (VBA), complex excel calculations, and Structured Query Language (SQL) an advantage
- Proficiency in statistical analyses software (i.e., and SPSS)
- Experience/ proficiency with REDCap and Qualtrics an advantage
- Experience/ proficiency with R and/or MPlus an advantage
- Experience with data visualization (Power BI or Tableau) an advantage
- Experience in database management an advantage
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Able to work cooperatively in teams
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive, willing to learn, reliable and able to manage concurrent tasks in a timely manner
- Liaise with members of the research team
- Assist with project data management
- Assist with data entry, processing, and analysis
- Assist in the administration and management of project related matters
- Assist in writing of reports and papers for publication
- Maintain records and document research progress
- Other tasks as assigned by the Principal Investigator / Co-PIs
Applicants (external and internal) will apply via Workday. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Closing date for advertisements will be set to 28 calendar days from date of posting.
NIE staff can take chartered buses at their own expense from or near their homes to the NIE campus. This is subject to availability of seats.
Hiring Institution: NIE
In line with Singapore’s nationwide Vaccination-Differentiated Safe Management Measures (VDS), employees must be fully vaccinated to return to the workplace, unless certified to be medically ineligible. For Information on VDS, please click [ Link removed ] .
- Child Development
- Coaching And Mentoring