At DB Schenker, you are part of a global logistics network that connects the world. A network that allows you to shape your career by encouraging you to contribute and truly make a difference. With more than 68,000 colleagues worldwide, we welcome diversity and thrive on individual backgrounds, perspectives and skills. Together as one team, we are Here to move.
- Reporting to the Assistance Operation Manager.
- To source for the best rates for all shipment and feeback on any business opportunities.
- Follow up and prepation/processing of shipments with status shipments and revert to the customers.
- Do all necessary documentation for all shipments and plan for collection/delivery of shipments with contractors in order
- to meet shipping line and/or co-loaders closing time.
- To ensure all COD customers payments are collected prior to release billing of lading/delivery to customer.
- Attend to all messages pertaining to operation matters.
- Responsible to closed all job files promptly to meet month end closing of accounts.
- To follow sales leads and enquiries from all overseas offices and/or agents.
- To establish new services, plan groupage services as directed.
- Other duties as may be delegated by Assistance Operation Manager from time to time.
- Reject any vendors not conforming to specification of invoices not in line with quotation.
- Good understanding of carriers and contractors.
- Experiences with shipping procedure.
- Good command of written and spoken English.
- Customer oriented
- High endurance
- Able to work under pressure
- Minimum GCE "O" level.
- Certificate with Transport Logistics and added advantage.
- Minimum 3 years' of related work experience.
- Import/Export Documentation
- Business Administration
- Business Process Improvement
- Operations Management
- Process Improvements (Business)
- Regulatory Compliance